Thursday, February 18, 2016

Meet Anna!



Grade / Major
Junior, Accounting

Tell us about yourself!
I was born and raised in Knoxville, TN so I guess you could say I've always been a true "vol for life". I went to a private high school where I was super involved in the performing arts. I did choir, and musical theater all four years of high school and ensemble for the last two years. So I love me some singing. I am a hands down dog person. My friends can tell you my dog is probably my best friend. He is a two year old Boxer who is named Albus after Albus Dumbledore (my family is full of hardcore potter heads). I also am a part of my sorority here at UT, Kappa Kappa Gamma, who has brought me some of my closest and dearest friends. We also are involved in philanthropy events every semester than benefit March of Dimes, Reading is Fundamental, and the Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation!

Why did you choose Alternative Break's Urban Youth Development trip?
I have had previous volunteer experience with children and when I applied I actually wrote about that experience because it was the most important to me. I think being an older sister has had something to do with my nurturing personality towards younger children. I've always enjoyed being around kids and I think that's what lead me to applying for the urban youth development. Also because I wanted to learn more about this issue.

Favorite Hobbies:
My dog, crafting, reading, baking, singing, and napping.

Spirit Animal?
Spongebob Squarepants

Anything else you would like to tell us?
My friends call me AC, so feel free to call me that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment