Thursday, February 18, 2016

Meet Elena!



Grade / Major
Junior in Agricultural Communications

Tell us about yourself!
My main goal in life is to pursue Christ in everything that I do. He has blessed me extensive travel and leadership experience and has allowed me to use those experiences to serve others. I am most passionate about agriculture and servant leadership and hope to one day volunteer with the Peace Corps.

Why did you choose Alternative Break's Urban Youth Development trip?
I traveled to Soweto, South Africa in January 2015 and met the most amazing little girl named Impeni. Even though we did not speak the same language, we were inseparable. She sparked a flame in my life that can be described as none other than life changing. I think and pray about her safety and wellbeing everyday. Though she isn't aware, she still affects my life today. I want to be a selfless servant for all children now, both near and far.

Favorite Hobbies:
Running, reading, drinking coffee, and napping.

Spirit Animal?
Fat Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment