Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Meet Christi!




Grade / Major
Sophomore majoring in Communication Studies and Psychology

Tell us about yourself!
Yo, my name is Christi! I was born in an itty bitty small town in Mississippi but moved to Collierville, TN (right by Memphis- 901 represent!!!) when I was 10. I attended Germantown High School and was in the International Baccalaureate Program. I was President of National Spanish Honor Society and involved in Key Club- both of which were very service based. For National Spanish Honor Society we even put on a play reenactment of a story IN SPANISH at the local library for kids. My mom has been a teacher for over 20 years and she has been the biggest role model in my life and seeing her work with kids of all ages has shown me how much of a difference one person can make in a child's life! I even followed in her footsteps and became an assistant teacher at my old school back in Collierville! My biggest goal in life is to radiate positivity everywhere I go! I know one of the greatest gifts you can give someone is a smile. I hope to gain more experience on this ASB trip and can’t wait to share some laughs with everyone :~)

Why did you choose Alternative Break's Urban Youth Development trip?
I chose to go on ASB because I love to volunteer and devoting my spring break to a trip dedicated to service work- seemed like the perfect fit!

Favorite Hobbies:
I enjoy the simpler things in life such as napping and netflixing and dank memes.

Spirit Animal?
Sabertooth tiger but also a jelly fish but also a mixture of a mammoth, a platypus, and a manatee (hmu for a pic)

Anything else you would like to tell us?
I like eggs




2 comments:

  1. Hi Christi. Glad to know I can count on you for the dankest of memes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know that you like eggs.

    ReplyDelete